Missing from SOFIC this year were many of the knife manufacturers I normally visit. I think Gerber Legendary Blades was the only maker I saw at the show.
After he showed me the Downrange Tomahawk, the Gerber Rep said they had new folders for 2013. The Gerber Propel knives have 3.5″ blades and G-10 scales. With overall lengths of 8.52″ and weights at 4.28 oz’s, the Propels are solid tools. There are versions in black or tan G-10. You can also choose between an assisted opening model or a full automatic model.
- Designed and Built in Portland, OR
- S30V Blade Steel or 420HC
- Tanto Style Partially Serrated Blade
- Black Oxide Coating for Corrosion Resistance
- Desert Tan or Black G-10 Handle Scales
- Pommel with Lanyard Hole
- Automatic Opening or Assisted Opening
- Plunge Lock and Safety Switch
- Three-Position Pocket Clip
The Gerber Rep told me that the Propel knives would be shipping this week. Though he did not have current pricing, I saw the tan colored automatic version for sale online for $139.00. These knives are rugged and Made in the USA.