Mike from Point Blank Enterprises demonstrates some of the features of their new Paraclete brand Phalanx shield. Paraclete also had several other new models with upgrades. Below are the specs for the Phalanx:
- Level IIIA+ protection
- Lightweight (24” x 36” with viewport) is only 20 lbs.
- 100% Boltless System
- Larger, more functional view port
- Wider ballistic protection at top
- V – shape added strength to the entire center length of the shield
- Three weapon mount platform on both sides
- Accurate handgun and long – gun deployment
- Better view at 12 o’clock and conversely when held inverted 6 o’clock position
- Mitigates ricochets and diverts away from center
3 important components offered on the interior of the shield:
- Stationary handle
- Thick high density foam pad
- Unique Velcro forearm strap attachment system
- Federal Standard NIJ-STD
- Ballistic Material – Hybrid composite
- Weight of the shield not to exceed 18 lbs. in V – Shape
- View Port – ( Trapezoid Shape )
- Must come w/ 3 components: Handle, Foam Pad, and Forearm strap system
- With or Without View Port
- LED light with strobe (900 lumens)
- Transport Bag
SPECIAL THREAT ROUNDS TESTED – Level IIIA+
- 44-mag, 240-grain Semi – Wadcutter Gas Checked (SWCGC) projectiles.
- 9mm, 124 grain Full Metal Jacketed (FMJ) projectiles.
- 357 SIG 115 grain Jacketed Hollow Point (JHP) projectiles.
- 357 SIG 125 grain Gold Dot Hollow Point (GDHP) projectiles.
- 9mm Fiocchi, 115 grain FMJ projectiles.
- 9mm +P+, 127 grain Supreme Expansion Technology (SXT) projectiles.
- 7.62×25-mm, 95grain TOKAREV FMJ projectiles.
- .40 cal., 95 grain Agulia projectiles.
- 5.72x28mm 40-grain Hornady V-Max (Blue Tip) projectiles.
- 5.7x28mm 27grain SS195 Lead free Hollow Point (LFHP) projectiles.
The prices for the new shields are TBA…