Happy 2015, friends! New Year’s Day always reminds me of resolutions. I posted the following photo and comments three years ago. It was ThinBlueFlorida’s first real post. Thanks for sticking around and reading my articles…
Coming off my weekend, I thought of a few things that I resolve to do in 2012 for survival, professional development, and peace of mind:
- Spend more time with family for relaxation.
- Maintain fitness and a good (decent) diet.
- Get to the Range more (though I went two days ago).
- Be prepared each shift for a violent encounter.
- Make sure all weapons and duty equipment are in good order.
- Have patience with my co-workers.
- Remember that we are always in the public eye (and cameras).
- Be a good role model to the younger officers.
- Strive for quality work in all areas.
- Do not become obsessed with politics and rumors at work.
- Be a positive influence, not that miserable guy.
- No more playing with gators.
Happy New Year!