Get ThinBlueFlorida via Email
- Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 Laser Batteries
- KA-BAR TDI Knife Review: Unsafe for Duty
- Civilian Version of the FN M249 SAW?
- Maxpedition Falcon II Backpack--Concealed Carry Review
- New KA-BAR TDI Hinderance and Hell Fire Knives
- S.L. Variant Revolver Speedloader
- New Benchmade 176BK SOCP Knife Review
- New ArmaLaser TR1 Touch-Reflex Laser Sight Review
- Update to LAPD Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 Review
- TruGlo's Tritium Brite-Site for Duty Use
Tag Archives: Tactical Flashlight
After I had written an article about First Tactical’s new Diamondback folding knife, I was contacted by a company rep who asked if I would like to test and evaluate some of their products. Why, sure! While I was talking to the fellow on the phone, I was staring at my old, old Blackhawk travel bag that had been my daily carry for the last decade or two. Can I test one of your nylon bags? I asked. I went to the First Tactical™ website and perused their offerings. Not wanting to press for too much, I pitched him the idea of a T&E for a briefcase, small folding knife, … Continue reading
Elzetta Tactical Lighting’s Dave Barnett explains light measurement by candela in this video. He contrasts that with the measurement of lumens, which is another term you will see when buying a tactical flashlight. A little knowledge is power. Dave is a solid guy and I have spoken to him many times at SHOT Show. Their products have thoughtful design features. We drove nails into a 2X4 with one of their Bravo models the first year I was at SHOT. The flashlight still threw a perfect beam afterward and we were not the only ones to have beaten that particular sample!