Mil-Spec Monkey had requests for a larger backpack following the popularity of his mid-sized MSM Adapt Pack. The new Boss Beaver Pack combines a substantial main pack with an adjustable “beaver tail” pouch that can hold much larger, bulkier items. The Monkey himself gives us a tour in the video.
There are times when I have had to lug my Kevlar pot along with other pieces of equipment in a backpack. The Boss Beaver would have gotten that task done, then later converted back to a more reasonable EDC-style bag. Much versatility was incorporated into this design, what with its ability to stow larger objets de guerre.
- All other compartments can be accessed without having to disengage the beaver tail.
- Most Buckles such as the compression straps are removable for those who don’t need them
- Beavertail zone can be compressed overall flat when not in use, yet can expand very wide to hold bulky helmet types and more.
- Pack is able to be quickly setup ambidextrous for either 2 strap or 1 strap modes, extra modular SRB included to setup a cross strap for when in 1 strap mode.
- Sternum strap vertical position is highly adjustable to give females more comfort options.
- Main shoulder straps and all other adjuster straps can be tucked into hydration pocket to make the bag a clean grab bag.
- The hydration pocket has a hanger and main compartment has tube ports for alternate hydration placement, antennas, or any other wire like routing.
- A Large Loop Velcro field is in the CCW compartment, with additional loop in the beavertail interior, and of course a good sized field on the upper exterior for your patches.
- Dual loops zones allow for both the typical full conceal CCW setup and a no release required quick grab CCW setup.
- Beaver tail flap interior comes with organizer pockets while the main compartment has 2 bottle / stash pockets built into the bottom sides, a simple sleeve and a zippered mesh pocket on the front interior, a padded laptop sleeve on the interior back, and cord ports are integrated up top.
- PALS webbing is on the front and sides exterior to allow pouch mounting, even some on the shoulder straps, and off-spec webbing on the pack bottom for bulky item lashing.
CCW 10.5″ x 16″ x 2″
Beavertail 9″ x 13″ x 2″
As with the Adapt Pack, the Boss Beaver is well-Made in the USA by Tactical Tailor. The Boss Beaver comes in the above colors. It has an MSRP from the Mil-Spec Monkey website of $215.00, except for Multi-Cam which is $220.00.